At Harewood, we’re here to help. As well as your child’s class teacher, the members of the school’s Pastoral Team are here to help you overcome any barriers to your child’s education and to support their social and emotional development alongside their academic progress.
A helping hand from the Pastoral Team:
Family courses offered by our school:
- Time out for Parents- A 6 week course to help you understand your child, reflect on behaviour strategies, and develop the family you want to have. Led by staff trained by Care For The Family.
- CAP money course- A 3 week course, led by a trained money coach, to help you budget, save and take control of your money.
- Homework project- A 2 or 3 week course to explore strategies to help your child engage with their homework.
- Sleep project- 3 weeks to explore routines and techniques to help you and your child relax and sleep.
- Family workshops- Held periodically throughout the school year, these are a chance to work side by side with your child on a shared project.
Documents and Links
Gloucestershire’s Local Offer: http://www.glosfamiliesdirectory.org.uk
ONLINE SAFETY SUPPORT FOR PARENTS & CARERS
WATCH MR BEARDSHAW-BROWN’S GUIDE TO ONLINE SAFETY:
Getting advice and reporting problems online:
Internet Matters: https://www.internetmatters.org/
Think you know: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
UK Safer Internet Centre: https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/
Report Harmful Content: https://reportharmfulcontent.com/
Information on which games and social networks are appropriate for children:
Net Aware: https://www.net-aware.org.uk/
Should Kids be using Facebook? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPYWkBrr0N0
How to set parental controls on devices and games:
Internet Matters parental controls index: https://www.internetmatters.org/parental-controls/
Parental Controls for iPhone / iPad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM8e7OvcWo4
Parental controls for Android: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfYqFdgVFhs
Parental controls for Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK1v0tGsHxo
Internet Matters parental control guides for key devices:
Online Safety supporting information:
HJS children’s guide on how to report online safety concerns: Reporting concerns flowchart for children – FINAL
HJS Blended Learning Policy: HJS COVID Blended Learning Strategy – September 2020
If you have any questions or need support on any issues surrounding online safety, please contact Mr Beardshaw-Brown on 01452 525364 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.